DeWalt 110V 305mm Compound Slide Mitre Saw (Model DWS780/110V)
In my opinion the DWS780 is the best model of mitre saw, that Dewalt have ever produced. In its original version form it was a huge best seller. This is simply that model now converted and improved to work with the 110 Volt transformed and safer on site power supply.
For me that means you are getting all the features of a fantastic mitre saw, in this building site voltage option. This saw will be able to handle just about any task that you can throw at it.
This model is built to last,and rugged and tough enough, to survive the abuse that a normal building site can throw at it. Yes it comes with a hefty price tag, but that is the only thing I can see to complain about.
Dewalt DWS780/110V Video Review
Dewalt DWS780/110V Specification
For those who like to see the technical specification, here is is just down below:
- The saw measures 61 x 50 x 76 cm
- It weighs just under 20 Kg
- Comes with a 60 tooth blade and spanner along with a dust bag and a material clamp
- Power 1,675 watts
- Blade Speed - variable between 1900-3800 rpm
- Blade Diameter - 305 mm with a 30 mm bore
- Quick release bevel stop setting - this helps provide very accurate and simple setting of bevel angles up to 49° left and right
- It sports a cam action mitre lock function - this function makes mitre setting faster and easier. You can quickly adjust angles between 0° - 50° left and 0° - 60° right
Dewalt DWS780/110V Cutting Capacity
- Mitre Capacity right: 60°
- Mitre Capacity left: 50°
- Cutting Capacity at 90°/90°: 303 x 110 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 90°/90°: 345 x 76 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 45°/90°: 268 x 63 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 45°/90°: 345 x 44 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 90°/45°: 211 x 112 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 90°/45°: 244 x 76 mm
- Max Capacity 45°/45°: 212 x 76 mm
Going back over the mitre saws released by Dewalt, one of their very best models was the DW718XPS. This later evolved into the DWS780 and became hugely popular as a great work horse of a mitre saw.
This 110 Volt version has been improved quite a lot. They have added increased capacity, a brighter lit XPS system, more portability and better dust extraction. For professionals and construction workers, this one offers a massive cutting capability
One feature buyers talk about a lot is the XPS Shadow line cut indicator. When you need a fast cut, but one that is highly accurate, then this shadow system works great. When cobined with a light, it really makes the whole cutting process a great deal easier.
This saw can cut decking, sleepers, posts, skirting boards and just about anything that you can throw at it. It is also easy to use depsite the many functions. It will take a little time initially to familiarise yourself with it. Once that is done though, you will see that it is very plain sailing.
The quick release bevel stop setting is useful, as is the mitre and bevel controls. There is a large dual sliding fence ideal for larger material cuts at any angle. This DWS780 model is really easy to move around the workplace.
Combine all of that with decent dust control, and electronic speed, and you have one powerful and multi-purpose saw.