Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the popular Dewalt DWS780-GB 305 mm compound slide mitre saw. This is an expensive option for any home owner. Only those who need to use a mitre saw a lot, or are very keen DIY enthusiasts will consider paying the price for the high end, fully featured mitre saw.
In our opinion the DWS780 is one of the best models of mitre saw, that Dewalt have ever produced. It delivers an outstanding cutting performance in both small profiles and large construction timbers up to 110 x 303 mm.
How Buyers Rate this Mitre Saw
- The average buyer satisfaction rating for this mitre saw is 94% which is an excellent rating
- 86% of all those buyers gave this saw a full 5 star review
- 5% of all buyers gave this a poor review
This information is based on 100+ online buyer reviews
What Buyers Say About this Mitre Saw
Our only moan is the price as it puts outside the range for many buyers.
Dewalt DWS780 Video Review
Dewalt DWS780 Specification
For those who like to see the technical specification, here is is just down below:
- The saw measures 61 x 50 x 76 cm
- It weighs just under 20 Kg
- Comes with a 60 tooth blade and spanner along with a dust bag and a material clamp
- Power 1,675 watts
- Blade Speed - variable between 1900-3800 rpm
- Blade Diameter - 305 mm with a 30 mm bore
- Quick release bevel stop setting - this helps provide very accurate and simple setting of bevel angles up to 49° left and right
- It sports a cam action mitre lock function - this function makes mitre setting faster and easier. You can quickly adjust angles between 0° - 50° left and 0° - 60° right
Dewalt DWS780 Cutting Capacity
- Mitre Capacity right: 60°
- Mitre Capacity left: 50°
- Cutting Capacity at 90°/90°: 303 x 110 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 90°/90°: 345 x 76 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 45°/90°: 268 x 63 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 45°/90°: 345 x 44 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 90°/45°: 211 x 112 mm
- Cutting Capacity at 90°/45°: 244 x 76 mm
- Max Capacity 45°/45°: 212 x 76 mm
Going back over the mitre saws released by Dewalt, one of their very best models was the DW718XPS. This later evolved into the DWS780 and became hugely popular as a great work horse of a mitre saw.
In this improved model, they have added increased capacity, a brighter lit XPS system, more portability and better dust extraction. For professionals and construction workers, this one offers a massive cutting capability
One feature buyers talk about a lot is the XPS Shadow line cut indicator. When you need a fast cut, but one that is highly accurate, then this shadow system works great. When combined with a light, it really makes the whole cutting process a great deal easier.
This saw can cut decking, sleepers, posts, skirting boards and just about anything that you can throw at it. It is also easy to use despite the many functions. It will take a little time initially to familiarise yourself with it. Once that is done though, you will see that it is very plain sailing.
The quick release bevel stop setting is useful, as is the mitre and bevel controls. There is a large dual sliding fence ideal for larger material cuts at any angle. This DWS780 model is really easy to move around the workplace.
Combine all of that with decent dust control, and electronic speed, and you have one powerful and multi-purpose saw.
Our Verdict on the Dewalt DWS780-GB Compound Slide Mitre Saw with XPS
This 305 mm mitre saw has a very powerful heavy duty motor that delivers really powerful cutting for all types of materials. Buyers really loved the The XPS Shadow line cut indicator as it allowed them to do a quick and accurate alignment of the blade.
That along with the XPS light illuminating the work piece made their life a great deal easier.
This saw also has a large dual sliding fence that gives support when cutting large materials. The rails also allowed precision when cutting materials up to 345 mm wide. The saw features cam action mitre lock functions, making it faster and easier to adjust angles between 0-50 Degree left and 0-60 Degree right.
If this is not the Dewalt mitre saw for you, then you can check out the full list of Dewalt mitre saws by clicking here.
Alternatively you can look at our top 10 list of all brands of mitre saws by clicking here.
The Dewalt Brand
Dewalt are the most popular and high quality tool brand used by many professionals and those working in the trades. They make a whole range of power tools including Grinders, Drills, Screwdrivers, heat guns, nailers, lasers, sanders, routers, saws etc.
They have 4 ranges of tools that are known as XR Flexvolt, XR Flexvolt Advantage, Perform and Protect and XR Flexvolt Outdoor Equipment.
UK Phone number: +44(0) 1753 511234
Dewalt are actually owned by Stanley Black & Decker who are the umbrella group for other brands such as Porter-Cable, Craftsman, Bostitch, MAC tools, Vidmar and more.
Dewalt Warranty Policy
Dewalt power tools, including mitre saws come with a 12 month warranty. However, this can be easily extended to 3 years of you register your new tool within 4 weeks of purchase online.