Makita 10-inch Slide Compound Review
The Makita 10″ sliding compound saw is just one of those saws, that if you can afford to buy it, then you should. At almost £450 it is certainly not a cheap option, but you are getting one heck of a saw.
There are not a ton of reviews on this one, but all that I have seen so far are all 5 stars, Which should let you know just how good this one is.
Now as a Dewalt fan, I am always reluctant to recommend another brand that has the same prices, but every now and then, you just have to read the reviews. When you do, this one is right up there with the very best.
I would guess that the only people who will buy this one are either professionals or serious DIY people. It does have all the bells and whistles so if you own this one, then you will never need anything else. I have done a full review below. For those of you who don’t have time to read the full review, then please click here for best prices and any available discounts over at Amazon.
Key Features of the Makita 10-Inch Compound
This saw is simply packed with features so I have listed these below to give you an idea of what you are getting. It is worth mentioning again that this one has been designed for professionals so there is a lot to get through. The average home user will most likely never use many of the features.
- It measures 53.6 x 82.5 x 63.3 cm and weighs 20.7 Kg – a solid heavy saw that will take the abuse of being on a working site
- The maximum cut is 4″ x 12″ and can also cut 4″ x 8″ at a 45 degree angle – those are great sizes
- You get a very consistent blade speed when under load and that is of course very important
- It is thankfully pretty easy to set up and accurate out of the box (for a change)
- A good laser – I am not a fan of lasers at all and prefer to measure – this one is however very accurate
- Double sliding rails that use ball bearings – means good accurate and smooth cuts
It is worth pointing out that this saw is heavy. Although the brand says it can be used on a site, I would be loathe to haul this one around. It is a big saw and a heavy one so please be aware of that. I am not going to rattle on too much about this one.
Unless you work in the trade or are planning something like a big kitchen project, the chances are you will never need a saw of this quality, or one that costs £450. For those who want something special then this one is an excellent choice.
It is hard to argue with every buyer leaving a 5 star review and that indicates just how good this one is. I have never used this one myself but look forward to that. I could not give a personal recommendation because of that, but again the buyer reviews are all excellent.