Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the popular Makita LS1018L 10-inch slide compound mitre saw. Although this is a very expensive mitre saw, it remains very popular with those in the trade who want to own a high quality mitre saw that has been built to last.
There are over 400+ online buyer reviews which shows that this saw sells really well. Those buyers have rated this 10" saw with a 90% buyer satisfaction rating.
This model has been designed for baseboard and crown moulding installation, finish carpenters, cabinet and furniture makers, wooden floor installers, deck builders, general construction etc.
How Buyers Rate the Makita LS1018L
- 75% of all buyers gave this saw a full 5 star review
- 4% gave this saw a bad review
What Buyers Say About the Makita LS1018L
We have summarised below what buyers had to say about this Makita saw
Makita LS1018L Specification
- It measures 63.3 x 82.5 x 53.6 and comes in the Makita blue colour
- This saw can be bought as a 240 Volt option or as a 110 Volt option
- 260 mm blade diameter with a 30 mm bore
- Maximum Mitre Range 60 to 47 degrees
- Maximum Bevel Range 45 to 45 degrees
- It has a direct drive motor and that type of motor requires less maintenance and delivers 4,300 RPM
- It has an excellent ball bearing system for extremely accurate cuts
- It is fitted with a laser line to help make precise cuts
- The handle has been rubberised which reduces vibrations and makes it more comfortable
- Cuts up to 305mm at 90 degrees and 215mm at 45 degrees
- Mitres 0 to 47 degrees left and 0 to 60 degrees right, with positive stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6 and 45 degrees left and right
- The rear handle bevel lock is easily accessible and adjusts 0 to 45 degrees left and right with positive stops at 0 and 45 degrees left and right
- It has the soft start feature and an electric brake
- It comes with a vertical vice, dust bag, socket wrench, holder set, triangular rule, a TCT saw blade and a kerf block
Our Verdict on the Makita LS1018L Mitre Saw
The majority of buyers loved the saw and although expensive thought it was worth the money.
There are plenty of features and that means you can make full use our of your saw
It makes clean accurate cuts time after time, and although heavy is still portable enough to be able to move around.
Those who own this saw have not been disappointed by its performance.
If this is not the mitre saw for you, then check out our top 10 list of mitre saws by clicking here.