WORX WX423 Compact Circular Saw Review
Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the popular WORX WX423 85 mm 400 watt compact circular saw. If you are thinking about buying a mini or smaller compact circular saw, then this one is a best seller.
It is a compact yet tough little beast of a saw that can be used on most materials including wood, metal, plastic, plasterboard and even tiles. That make it a good and useful multi-purpose saw.
Who Buys the Worx WX423 Saw?
When we do our online reviews we always check the type of people who are leaving the reviews. That way we can quickly find out who can get the best use of the saw.
A question for many people is should they buy this type of smaller compact mini saw, or go for the normal sized circular saw?
People buy this saw to do the following tasks around the home;
- Cutting laminate flooring
- Cutting plywood up to a thickness of 18 ply
- Cutting most decking boards (up to 27 mm in depth)
- Cutting MDF, hardboard and chipboard
- Can be used as a plunge saw
- Some plumbers use this to cut smaller pipes
- Electricians use this for a range of cutting jobs on plasterboard and floorboards
The jist is that most buyers used this to cut through wood and didn't want to use a heavier larger circular saw. They also didn't want to waste time using a hand saw.
It is somewhere in between those types of uses, that a saw like this can be handy. One of those tools that is really handy to have in your tool box.
Key Benefits of the WX423 Model
- It is smaller, lighter that a full blown sizes saw and can do all the small cutting jobs very well
- It can be held in one hand for more accurate cutting
- It is compact and versatile and can get into areas where larger saws would be useless
- It is also easy to use and easy to change blades quickly
How Buyers Rate the WX423 Model
- Overall online buyers rated this compact saw with an 85% buyer satisfaction
- 67% of all buyers gave this saw a full 5 star review
- 9% of all buyers gave this a bad review
What Buyers Say About the WORX WX423 Compact Saw
This is absolutely not a saw to choose if you want to cut thick boards, or if you are looking for a work horse of a saw.
If you want to cut through some thinner boards, and plan on using this saw every now and again, then this is a good choice for home use.
It will also work well for cutting through plasterboard or floorboards for plunge cuts.
WORX WX423 Saw Specification
- Measures 32 x 9 x16 cm
- Weighs 1.4 Kg
- Uses 400 watts of power
- It is a corded electric product
- Is available as an 85 mm blade or a 120 mm blade (Price difference)
- Also available with a laser guide (more expensive)
- Blade bore 15 mm
- Single speed
- Can cut wood, metal, plastic, and tiles
- No load stroke speed (Idle speed) is 3,600 rpm
- Cutting Depth is 27 mm maximum
- Straight cuts only
- Has a dust vacuum adapter
Our Verdict on the WORX WX423 85mm 400W Compact Circular Saw Worxsaw
We think that this is a really handy and useful compact mini circular saw. At under £60 we think it is very good value for money.
It is certainly powerful enough to get through wood like hardboard, chipboard, MDF, laminate flooring and plywood.
It does have its limitations of course and it isn't suitable for cutting thicker wood or really large sheets.
However, if this is not the one for you, then check out our top 10 list of the best mini circular saws. This one did however come out at the top of that list.
If you need a more powerful circular saw, then check out our top 10 list of full sized circular saws.
Priced at under £60 and with a buyer satisfaction rating of 85%, this is we believe very good value for money. This Worx WX423 is a solid well made compact saw, that will be suitable for many household jobs.